Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

20 January 2010

DAY 67

D-1 boot camp is down right the HARDEST thing I've EVER done! Worse than a half marathon and 50 billion times harder than giving birth & recovery. I got my bod out of bed at 4:25AM this morning and did my time at boot camp. We pushed 25 lb disks down and back up the field for 40 minutes straight including push-ups and burpies in between. TORTURE! It was doing sideways bear crawls with 15 lb weights in each hand that I felt the deepest burn in my legs. My body is so stinkin sore BUT I feel really good because I know I'm gaining strength and toning up. I'm using muscles I never knew existed! :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like fun :) Seriously! I might have to look into that in the future...

Great job, Brooke! Your tortured body will thank you in the end :)

Brooke said...

Thanks, Ally. When you move back, you'll have to come do it with me. I need a partner! :)