Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

30 May 2007

Oh the view...

So we're just coming off an incredible 5 day vacation in the gorgeous mountains of North Carolina with my family. Nana & Bell (my mom & dad), Aunt Jordie & Uncle Stevie (my sweet sister & her husband).
There's something about a mountain getaway. The newly built cabin with rustic vibe was only 11 miles off I-40 but that's 11 country, mountain, twisty, curvy miles. Translated, it took about 30 minutes to get to town! We were so secluded. Nestled up in the trees with an amazing view.
Amidst family time and conversations, I found myself so enjoying the 'extra' time to think and pray. I completely utilized my family's help and took them up on their offers to watch little BEB. I was able to get away by myself to read and take walks. CNB & Uncle Stevie had fun camping out on the porch a couple nights.
My soul was nourished and replenished. A sweet time of reflection - both personal and spiritual.
If any of you ever desire to stay in a secluded cabin right outside of Asheville, I know the perfect one!

No comments: