Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

18 May 2007

I Hacked Her Blog!

To All:

It's always awkward for someone to brag on themselves. And if anybody knows my wife, she would never do that anyway. I thought that I would hack into her BLOG and tell you a pretty cool story of how awesome she is. I am sure that I will mess up some of the details, but you will get the gist.

Last weekend, we were at a thing for one of my pastors and a Lady and her daughter from our church sat down next to us. Recently, we found out that the little girl
(7-8 years old) is a big fan of BEB - which is a no-brainer! Anyway, I realized that you really do have to be careful about what you say or do because you never know who is watching or who you have an influence on. This obviously gets me into more trouble than her because I am always putting my foot in my mouth. The lady shared with BEB that her daughter that day had gone into her Mom's bathroom and broke into her hair and make-up stash. She made herself up with hair curly doo-dads and some tasteful make-up. Much to her Mom's surprise, the little girl presented herself in true princess style and said to her Mom, "Look, I am as pretty as Ms. BEB"

Being the humble Cool-Cat that she is, BEB was blown away that this little girl that we don't even know, picked BEB to be her Dream girl/Hero! No surprise to me, a lucky husband who definitely married up! Some kids make Spiderman, Batman, or Princess Fiona their heroes. I am thankful that I have an incredible wife that is the hero to a little girl. Boy, are BEB jr., Scout, and I lucky!

1 comment:

donnac said...

BEB is beautiful... inside and out! She is my hero, too!!