Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

13 May 2007

Mom-mee Day

Of all the roles I've played in life, being Mom-mee is by far the BEST and WORST all wrapped into one. Best because God has entrusted a special gift to me (& Chris). To raise and care for in a godly way. Worst because we only get one shot at this. What I do and don't do has a profound effect (good & bad) on this precious child. Fearful yet rewarding - a high calling. This is nothing new to anyone. Just a reality that becomes more and more clear to me as I am only 2 years into this journey.

Today was priceless. Early morning love from Chris and Britain. Family time at breakfast. Handmade cards. Gifts. Lunch with my family. Moments together celebrating the wonderful gift of motherhood.

I pray all the mothers reading this know that they are loved and so appreciated.

"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses (all the mothers before us), let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1

No comments: