Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

06 May 2007

Heavy chains

Beth Moore's bible study book "Breaking Free" has been collecting dust for more than 3 years now. For some reason, God drew me to it today and this quote stirred something within me, "A Christian is held captive by anything that hinders the abundant and effective Spirit-filled life God planned for her."

Oh, the chains - the heavy, heavy chains! They've made their home around my ankles, strapped on tightly for the long-haul. To be free - I think about it often, not fully knowing what life would be if I were truly, I mean r-e-a-l-l-y free. I think my sweet husband knows. He casts the vision of what it will be like for me when I can fly. I'm slowly catching glimpses of my life without these heavy, life-sucking chains.

My tendency, though, is to sink back to believing the lies that I will never be rid of the weight that holds me down. BUT, God is prying my eyes open to life in the moments. Moments where all I can do is live in the present instead of dwelling on the 'what ifs' and past failures. These life-giving moments are oh so freeing and give me the confidence to keep pushing forward one moment at a time.

Just to write about this with honesty and transparency is FREEING.

No comments: