Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

11 April 2008

Facing the GIANTS of fear

So I would HAVE to say that my life has completely changed since I watched the movie "Facing the Giants" a few weekends back. God has used the message in that movie to really open my eyes to the oh-so-many fears I have (many without even realizing it). It has been so COOL to see God move me from my usual defeated self to ACTION! I accepted Christ when I was 8 years old so while I know that was a very true and real decision, I've never had a conversion story. I've never been able to look back on my life and really see a difference as far as my walk with Jesus. But, in the last few weeks, I feel like a NEW woman! So many phrases from the movie (like a chant song!) keep playing over and over in my mind. "Don't quit, don't give up at a certain point when you know you can go further. Give me more." "Don't quit 'til you got nothing left. Your very best! Your very best!" "Give God our very best in every area." "If we win, we praise Him. If we lose, we praise Him." "Don't be afraid. Just face your fear!" "You can't be afraid of failure." "Stay sharp, stay focused, have fun and honor God." "As long as we honor God, NOTHING is impossible." "Do not lose heart, do not stop fighting." "Do the best you can and leave the results up to God." "God chooses to work in our lives because He's good; because He loves us."

Jesus is meeting me where I am and has changed my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, ready the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications