Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

17 November 2007

Surprises are the best!

So a few weeks ago my sister flew in for a surprise visit. Our birthdays are 5 days apart (mine is today and hers is the 22nd) and she told her husband she wanted a plane ticket for her birthday to come see us. CNB made up this truly incredible story about having to pick-up a manager from the airport and talked it up for weeks. I HAD NO CLUE we were actually going to pick-up my sister! It was a fabulous weekend with her!

And today, CNB left early this morning to go get the oil changed in the van before our trip to NC this week and ended up being gone for a few hours. When he got back, he made up a story about there being a stain on the backseat of the van and told me to go check it out. When he opened the back hatch, there in the well was my Mom crunched up and yelling SURPRISE! We spent the whole day together as a family and had a blast!!

I'm loving these surprise blessings!! CNB, on the other hand, is glad they're over! It's been killing him to keep them a secret for so long!!

No comments: