Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

15 November 2007

"Action is GLORIOUS"

I was busy filing something today and when I looked up and out of the window in our office, I saw a precious elderly woman across the street raking leaves in the cold. My heart longed to help her but I stood frozen, just watching her for a good 5 minutes. I wanted to help but that would mean action on my part. Should I go, should I stay? I can't just leave work. Maybe someone else will help her? Then it went to thoughts like...well, this IS something I can do. It’s a small sacrifice. I’m not looking for recognition, I just truly want to help this sweet lady in need. So instead of talking myself out of it (like I frequently do), I took action. It was a sweet time of raking and talking with sweet Hazel about her life. A joyous time!

No comments: