Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

16 March 2007

Nowhere Music

An ordinary February day...

The quietness of the house,
the beating rain on the window,
the clap of thunder rolling in the Heavens,
the sound of water from the shower washing away hints of yesterday,
the chirping bird outside my window,
the rustle of the family dog quietly nestled in his bed,
the flash of light from a far off lightning bolt,
the rumble of the fridge,
the creaks and groans of the wood floors settling,
cars in the distance,
my alarm clock beeping...

These are the noises I hear this morning -
the symphony that greets me this new morn.

Soon a toddler's cry will be heard,
the hustle and bustle of another day,
but for now,
I am content in this moment.

The moment of nowhere that will never be again.

No comments: