Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

17 March 2007

I want it!

So - I'm way behind filling BEB's baby book with pictures but I've been pretty good about writing down all of her new developments each month. Thanks to MiMi & PaPa for keeping good reports on her each day - new words, learning & playtime activities, new interests....
This morning I purposed to get up-to-date and wrote down all of the new things in her world since January. Boy, God sure is teaching me a lot about my own selfishness through this sweet little girl. Her new phrases are "I did it", "it's mine", "I want it", "I need it", "NO", "I like it" and so many more "I" exclamations! The majority of my time is spent thinking about what I need, what I want, what I like, what I did and NOT about others. I can't seem to get past God's word in Psalm 23 "I shall not be in want." I get stuck there everytime and have to ask for God's strength in the moments of my life when I want so much more - more for my marriage, more for my family, more for my life.

1 comment:

Michael K. Byers said...

Brooke,

We are excited for you as you launch your new blog. You are a great inspiration to our family, and I know many will visit your blog on a regular basis. Count me in!

Love,

Popsicle