Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

19 July 2008

"Chazown"

Today I lived with purpose. Today I had a vision.

I'm reading a book called "Chazown" meaning vision and God is using it in a mighty to reveal my giftings, passion and purpose. I started my day making a list of very specific mini-goals that align with my core values and spiritual gifts. Living on purpose with these goals has made such a difference today. On "normal" days, I find myself wandering and distracted. Unmotivated and lazy. Knowing what I "need to do" but lacking direction and dedication to get there. It's really helped me to put in writing my giftings so I can focus specifically on using them to the fullest for God's glory. I even wrote out a mission statement for my life!! It's amazing how focused I felt today just with having a plan and not my typical list of to-dos to get me through.

If you're interested in the book, check-out this link: http://www.randomhouse.com/waterbrook/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781590525470

No comments: