Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

15 April 2007

Ladies: Do you ever feel like a Potato Head?

Me vs. the plastic potato....

We bought BEB a Mrs. Potato Head for her birthday. She came fully equipped with glasses, shoes, big eyeballs, a sun visor, green hoop earrings, a red purse, large pink ears, lanky white arms, plump red lips and a round nose. A frumpy looking lady, to say the least. BEB loves to rearrange her parts - some days, you'll find Frumpy PH lying around the house with an arm coming out of her head, lips for an ear and eyes in her mouth. My sister also gave her a package with beautiful Princess Potato Head accessories. When Princess PH is all put together, she's crowned with a tall, veiled hat, bright eyes with lashes, full lips, pink high heels, one hand on her hip and a green frog perched in the other. She's a gorgeous sight!

Some days, I feel like a frumpy, plain, 30-year-old. On days like this, I feel like somethings literally sticking out of my head! These are the challenging, hard moments in life when reality stares me in the face.

And on other days, I feel like a beautiful princess. When all seems well....joys overshadow the darker things and I feel confident and secure.

I never thought I'd have so much in common with a plastic potato!

4 comments:

DigitalRich said...

I can honestly that I never feel like either the frumpy mrs. or the princess potato head.

On occasion I do feel like Mr. Squash head though.

DigitalRich

Unknown said...

I know that I can relate. Just this weekend, I opened my plastic flap on my back and all the spare parts that I had in there fell out and went everywhere. I hate it when they do that.

NP

DonnaC said...

I love that this post specifically addresses "ladies", yet your first two posts are from sarcastic, yet lovable, men! :-)

I think that every lady I know can relate to what you're saying. I only wish it were as easy to adjust which days are frumpy vs princess as it is to adjust PH parts.

Your Cracker Barrell Buddy! said...

Chris cracks me up!