Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

19 February 2009

DAY 15

It has been a super LONG day! I was up at 5:45AM and on the road by 6:45AM heading to Nashville for an all day Grant Writing workshop. I learned so much and loved the instructor! Needless to say, I didn't get in my morning read before I left so after I post this, I'll be spending time in the Word before snuggling up in bed. Tonight's entry will be short and sweet!

HIGHLIGHTS
*I gained a half pound since my last weigh in BUT I'm not allowing this to discourage me. I feel different in my clothes no matter what the scale says AND I know that I'm victorious already for making wiser, healthier choices.
*Because I was tired going into the workshop, I ALMOST stopped at a convenience store to get a latte but decided that would be the same thing as going to Sonic for a drink (spending money is spending money no matter where you go!). This would negate my commitment to one Sonic a week and since I already enjoyed one on Monday, I didn't allow myself to stop. YAY!
*Lunch was provided and of course it was a yummy boxed meal consisting of a turkey & lettuce sandwich, potato chips and a chocolate chip cookie. When I opened my box, I immediately pulled out the chips and cookie and got them out of my reach! Saying NO to food isn't as difficult as I thought!
*No workout today

Inching....

No comments: