Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

04 July 2009

Day 149 & 150

Our wonderfully AMAZING mini-vacay to Chattanooga is over. Thankfully, it felt like we were gone for a few days! I feel so refreshed...it was so good for my soul! The kids did incredible and we had a blast! I didn't get my workout in yesterday or today but we walked all evening last night and some of today. We packed a lot in! The downtown Marriott where we stayed was fabulous; we swam in the outdoor pool yesterday and the indoor pool this morning. We ate a LATE dinner at Mellow Mushroom last night and then walked on the walking bridge over the river and caught the fireworks (the kids rode in our wagon!). It was 11PM before we got to bed so it was quite amazing that none of us woke up until 10AM this morning! We hung out at Coolidge Park today and let the kids ride the Merry Go Round and play in the water fountains. We ate at the Good Dog (a yummy hot dog joint) for lunch and I got a delicious salad. Then we walked around the Chattanooga Choo Choo shops and trains before we headed back home. I did get ice cream with the family and mint chocolate chip never tasted so good!
Abundance is...the blessing of a family getaway.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I LOVE Chattanooga! So does Alana! She loves the aquarium and the kid's museum there...AND the baseball! I'm jealous :) But hey, we were at the "happiest place on earth" so I guess I can't complain! I have been keeping up with you, even though I haven't posted much myself. You are doing great, girl! xo