Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

25 May 2009

DAY 110

Oh happy day! So, so grateful for my family day with the kids and Chris. We let Chris sleep in (on his day off!) and then made breakfast in bed (turkey & cheese omelet with cinnamon rolls) and celebrated his new work van & day off by lighting a candle! It was sweet and then we all hung out in our bed laughing and playing. Then we made a Trader Joe's run up to Nashville and then spent the evening with a dear family that had us over for a cookout and volleyball in the backyard. It was so fun!
For my weigh-in, I stayed the same as the last 2 weeks so I'm just maintaining. I ate like crap today EXCEPT I passed up the amazing looking brownies & ice cream at dinner tonight. Chris and I are about to pop in a movie so I'm on day 3 without any workout but I did move and groove (ha!) playing ball tonight for about 25 minutes so I guess that counts a little. :) Oh how I do miss the treadmill!
While the kids were making a fort and playing oh so well together this morning, I was in the Word and journaling.
I bought this amazing little treasure of a book a few years ago after seeing it at my dentist's office, "The Art of Abundance" and highly recommend the purchase. The book is filled with statements that start with "Abundance is....". So I've decided to start writing my own "Abundance is..." statements on my blog everyday with the treasures that are in my world.
Today....abundance is...my almost two-year-old boy learning to bow his head, hold his hands in the praying position and then say Amen!
Abundance is....my children holding onto each leg giving leg hugs!
From the book: Abundance is....having enough for today.
Sweet dreams friends...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Abundance is...reading your blogs every night and feeling like I'm a part of your journey! I'm glad you had a great day! And yay for maintaining :)