Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

05 March 2009

DAY 29

Ahhhh, I feel a little more in control today! I had a sweet time in the Word this morning and also managed to work in 20 minutes of Pilates tonight.

I read these verses this morning and they both hit home for me.

Eph 4:22-24
"Lord, with regard to my former way of life, You are helping me to put off my old self, which would only be corrupted by continued deceitful desires. Make me new in the attitude of my mind and help me to put on the new self created to be like You in true
righteousness and holiness."

Prov 3:7-8
"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."

I was looking back through my Journey to Freedom notes recently and wanted to share a few valuable teachings from Scott Reall.

He shared the acronym:
HALT
Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired - this is the place where life can bring us that is uncomfortable and we want to medicate and control.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over." For years, I run to food for comfort when things are out of control or I'm emotional. I've done the same thing over and over to fill a void. BUT, God is teaching me to go a different direction. To turn. To invite Jesus into those moments when I want to run.

I've been thinking about food all day. Even right now as I type, I want to go in the kitchen and just pig out!! I'm not even hungry but I am lonely (Chris is out for the evening with a friend), tired, and sad. Food can have such a control on my mind. Thankfully, I'm learning to recognize the pull food has over me and go a different way. It's so stinkin hard to break patterns that have been in place the majority of my life!

Thank you, Jesus, for Your endless grace!

Straining ahead...

No comments: